Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Here I Go Again

Once upon a time, when I was in college, long before I became the failure you see before you, I had a weblog (Vic's Fro, aptly named for the large and ridiculous head of hair sported by Victor Garber as Jesus, long before he became Jennifer Garner's spy dad on Alias) I wrote to remind people back in Boise of me. To let them know how I was doing, you know? Then, when I dropped out of school, I wrote New Fro (Still a pre-Titanic Victor Garber reference, but revamped. Old ideas die hard) to keep my college friends informed of my dropout life. Of course, neither endeavor really paid off, as no one ever read either anyway and I spent a lot of time addressing my posts to "reader", as I assumed there was probably one, somewhere. Usually K-La-La. Hi, K-La-La.

Anyway. I miss it, and I have a job now, and a few blossmming addictions to go along with it. And what makes for better writing no one reads than an addict behind a keyboard at a perfectly respectable hour, seriously considering going to bed at 10:30 PM because she has to work tomorrow? Add to the mix that she's at her mom's house, sober and too lazy to get up for her cigarettes or a beer, and there you have another pile of stupid weblog slop that seems to permeate the internet nowadays.

At least I can say that back in the days when GMail was born, and introduced exclusively to "bloggers", I stole the name 'youngfart' before you had to add shit-tons of numbers to the end. That's how long I've been around. And I've been boring for longer than that. Fucking deal with it. I'm an original, and every wannabe with a boring blog is copying me. And yes, I did friendster before I did myspace, so everyone on myspace is a follower, too. And I was refusing to put my picture online since before I knew what photobucket was. And then I found out, and I started putting pictures of myself online...because then I could. And don't go looking for a template that looked as autumn awesome as mine, 'cause you won't find one, 'cause I colored it in myself. Dumb fuckers.

Okay, I'm just acting bitter now. I really should go to bed, 'cause I have to work tomorrow. And I'm walking. You know all the environmentalists on bikes and shit? Fuckin' copycatters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to you too! :-) I'm bookmarking your new blog so I can start stalking you properly.

-- K-La-La