Tuesday, October 10, 2006

About Something, 'Cause I Can't Think of a Damn Thing to Say

The point is, I think I can't be terribly unhappy for any length of time because you are only allotted so much unhappiness in your life and I used most of it when I was in college. I mean, the length of your life is basically predetermined; that's something you can't control. And you can't really control how happy you are, you know? You just can control your outlook. Decide to get in a good mood and get in a good mood, you know? That's the best you can do. But being in a good mood doesn't make you happy. Happiness is that inability to keep from laughing 'cause you have to smile so big. So maybe you are only allowed to have so much really sad moments and really happy moments in all your life and if you end up in a very sad-heavy situation you have to ration it for the rest of your life. I mean I haven't been depressed for more than two days since I dropped out of school, and the further I get from that experience, the less time each one of those episodes takes. That's my theory...for now.

Maybe the bottom'll drop out someday, but I love my life while I'm in it, you know?

No comments: