Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Get Better

I subscribe to the "work is work" philosophy. I honestly believe that the most I have in common with people I work with is that we walk the same square footage of carpet every day. Ultimately, when I have to take an engagemnet survey and it asks "Do you have a best friend at work?" I can honestly say no. And odds are, I never will have a best friend at work, unless I start a business with my best friend. Even then, work would be work and friendship would be friendship and very rarely the twain shall meet. Catch my drift?

(Please, actually, catch it. it's been drifting out there for ages and, as anyone who's ever treaded water will tell you, that gets tiring really fast.)

But for once I've found someone I like to hang out with who happens to work with me. He's one of the coolest guys I've ever met, at work or elsewhere, and I think he knows I adore him. And hopefully he digs me too. You never can tell. I rejoiced at the news that he and I would be on the same team for the up and coming shift change. And we just got moved around. His desk is two away from mine. Were he here I's be able to merely stand and see the back of his perfectly shaped head. (And yes, I did intend for that to be creepy. I don't know if his head is perfectly shaped or not. I'm just trying to give him some quality attributes other than just being fucking awesome and having met Blondie. Twice. I remember everything. Well, not the shape of his head.)

But he's ill. I haven't seen him for too long. I miss him. If there were anything I could do to help, I'd do it, but I haven't heard. If he were to, say, email me at firstname.lastname@company.com, I could give him my phone number in case he needs anything. I'm just saying. I want him to get better and I want him to get back. Soon.

No comments: